Tuesday, August 9, 2011

There is nothing worse than poop in the bathtub


As any parent to a young child knows, there is absolutely nothing worse than poop in the bathtub. Even though that pretty much sums up my evening, allow me to elaborate.

Just a typical Tuesday night.....
Decided to brave the Dollar Tree this evening with both children because there was a Clearance Emergency and I HAD to purchase some tiny martini glasses for me and Tammy's upcoming Wine Tasting Party Extraordinaire (details to come on this exciting event!) Noah was really cranky and was throwing a fit because he wanted to put quarters in those junk toy machines at the front of the store. Annabella was due for her medicine, tired, cranky, and insisted on screaming and demanding every single Mylar balloon in the store. I got what I needed and went to check out. As usual when your kids are embarrassing you in public, it was packed and the lines were miles long. By the time we finally got to the check-out counter, both kids were crying and right in the middle of an emotional breakdown. I kept dropping my money and found myself trying to shove Annabella's pacifier into Noah's mouth. The sad thing is, since they were both already crying I didn't even realize that I was doing it. It took me a whole 30 seconds to realize that they were crying and fighting because Noah was mad that I was repeatedly trying to force the thing in his mouth while Annabella was smacking him in the face because she wanted it. The clerk just stared on in amusement. To say that I felt like an idiot would be an understatement.
After that drama I decided that it would be best to get home and avoid the grocery store like the plague. We went through the Chick-fil-A drive through while Noah cried because he wanted to go down the slide. After what felt like hours, we got home. Then the kids fought over the last chicken nugget and I decided it was bath time. I put both kids in the tub (which has more toys in it than their toy boxes at this point) and stepped into my closet to change clothes. I heard Noah yelling and was horrified to find that Annabella had pooped in the bathtub. My initial reaction to this is always the same- What in the world do I do first? Every parent has had this moment when they realize that they are in way over their head. I did my best to scoop the poop, drained the water, and transferred the kids to the stand-up shower to hose them off and start over on washing their hair. Let me just say for the record that bathing 2 kids in a stand-up shower is basically impossible. There was water everywhere. To make matters worse, my hanging shelves in the shower broke and dumped all 200 of my toiletries on to the heads of me and the children. Ouch. Afterwards, I got both kids dressed and went to get the bleach for the bathtub. I came back into the bathroom to find Annabella sitting IN the toilet. Fully clothed. With one of her little legs dangling over the side. She was stuck and trying desperately to wiggle her way out. It was horrifying. The funniest part was Noah pointing at her yelling, "Mom! Come look at what Annabella is doing!!!" LOL After bathing and rinsing Annabella AGAIN, I finally gave up and put both kids to bed. I think the moral of this story is that Annabella is ready to potty train. Or that I need to throw away 100 of the 141 toys in the bathtub. Or maybe even that I should just skip bath time when Daddy's not home. I'm not sure which.

No comments:

Post a Comment