Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Apple Cake Pops for Noah's teacher!!!

Well, tomorrow is open house at Redeemer and Noah is finally getting excited. I thought it would help him get excited if we made his teacher a present. Since tradition is to give your teacher an apple (but who wants an apple when you can have chocolate?!) we decided to make some apple shaped cake pops!

They were a huge pain in the butt and took waaaaayyy more time and effort than any of the cake pops I have ever made! But they are done and he is excited to give them to her. He was a big help. He helped me dip them and decorate their faces.
I think this one with the frowny face is my favorite. LOL

But this one is pretty cute too...

Anyway, like I said- they were a beat down to make and they didn't turn out all that great, but it was nice to finally bake something again! Not to mention that I have been promising to post something food related lately but haven't had the time. They are cherry chip and devils food on the inside. I picked up those little white buckets in the dollar spot at Target and then added some cute school themed stickers that I found at Hobby Lobby ($1.99!) We made one for his new teacher, the principal (who just so happens to be my favorite childhood teacher), and the school secretary.
The babies went to the doctor for their check-ups last week and they are doing great! They both had to get shots which was terrible especially for Noah since he is so big now. He was devastated. Kyle had to take them since I had to work. He is such a good dad. Annabella is in the 50th percentile for pretty much everything as far as weight, height, and everything else. Noah is tall and skinny as usual. They are both very healthy and developing perfectly.
Well, time to go get some things ready for this weekend's wine tasting party! Tonight I started the process for 6 different kinds of truffles (chocolate amaretto, white choc amaretto, choc mocha, white choc almond, dark choc almond, and choc creme de menthe) so I will post pictures and the recipe for those tomorrow if I have time before class!

No comments:

Post a Comment